Accounting & HR Manager
Mighty Networks is a software-as-a-service (SaaS) platform ushering in a new era of creative businesses built on community. Its SaaS platform serves brands and creators “with a purpose” who want to bring their content, community, online courses, and events together in one place so that our members can master something interesting or important to them.
Similar to a Shopify store, with a Mighty Network, a brand or creator has their own online destination with their choice of features and the ability to charge for digital subscriptions and products under their own brand, instantly available on their own website and native mobile apps.
The Accounting & HR Manager will ensure the smooth execution of Mighty Networks’ day-to-day accounting and HR work during a period of rapid growth for the company. This role will ultimately work for the VP of Finance, but initially report to the CEO to oversee the company’s accounting firm (Frank, Rimerman), as well as pick up the day-to-day management of accounts payable, accounts receivable, cash management, taxes, payroll, benefits, and insurance as well as onboarding a growing remote workforce.
We’re seeking an accounting professional with a strong desire to join a startup, is excited by the opportunity to scale systems, and who brings to Mighty Networks direct experience with software-as-a-service (SaaS) business models.
This person has a strong foundation in accounting and HR, starts with the big picture in defining their priorities, and possesses exceptional attention-to-detail.
Oversee the day-to-day tasks of accounting and HR at Mighty Networks
- Work closely with our accounting firm Frank, Rimerman on the preparation and review of our unaudited financials, close the month and quarter, and ensure clear and timely communication of results to management, lender and investors. Develop and maintain accounting controls and policies.
- Manage our payroll, benefits, stock options and onboarding new (mostly remote) employees in Gusto, our HR platform, as well as Carta, and other systems.
- Take responsibility for accounts receivables and accounts payable. Reinforce the strong relationships Mighty Networks has today with our customers, partners, and vendors through a well-organized and professional process for paying our bills on time and getting paid for the results we deliver through our platform.
- Ensure compliance with income, sales/VAT and property tax reporting and payment requirements. Ensure compliance with other governmental filing requirements.
Qualifications & Experience
- Hands-on manager ready to take over the day-to-day operations of accounting and HR as the company’s first in-house accounting and HR manager.
- Strong accounting background with at least seven years of experience working with venture-backed software-as-a-service startups in Silicon Valley delivering both audited and unaudited financials.
- Direct experience overseeing HR payroll and benefits as a part of the finance function.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with a strong proactive communication style that fits well within a rapidly growing start up environment.
- You want to play a key role in building the financial and HR systems of a rapidly growing, venture-backed software-as-a-service platform.
- You have an exceptional attention-to-detail, understand the importance of accuracy and standards (especially as a company triples revenue in one year), and are driven by a desire to create the right foundation for future growth.
- You work hard to proactively communicate clearly and hold everyone around you to the same standards.
- You are low ego and pride yourself on accomplishing a lot by working smarter, not necessarily harder.
- You are comfortable in rooms with strong personalities, and can rally a team to achieve things they didn’t think were possible.