Mighty Networks is a software-as-a-service (SaaS) platform ushering in a new era of creative business built on community. Its SaaS platform serves brands and creators “with a purpose” who want to bring their content, community, online courses, events, and memberships together in one place.
Similar to a Shopify store, with a Mighty Network, a brand or creator has their own online destination with their choice of features and the ability to charge for digital subscriptions and products under their own brand and instantly available on their own website and native mobile apps.
The Community Designer will be focused on inspiring and educating the brands and creators in our own Mighty Network, Mighty Hosts. This is an opportunity to own the strategy for our flagship property, reporting to the VP of Marketing and working closely with our founder and CEO. This role is grounded in the principles of Community Design, as set out in our Masterclass. This is not a social media role or a customer support role.
Create and execute a Community Design Plan for Mighty Hosts, aligned with our Big Purpose:
“We bring together creators, coaches, and aspiring community builders to learn and execute a fresh, simple approach to designing a community mastering something interesting or important together, so that we can unlock more people’s potential and help them achieve the results and transformation they want to bring to their lives but haven’t been able to accomplish on their own.”
- Own the engagement, education, and spirit of encouragement in Mighty Hosts daily — our Mighty Network for creators and brands.
- Promote and run our Community Design Masterclass – providing guidance, feedback, and coaching to Hosts in the paid program.
- Develop and deliver new live events, programs, and ongoing workshops to Mighty Hosts. Including an upcoming Mighty Expert certification program.
- Highlight new product features and their real world application to drive excitement and adoption of an ever-evolving Mighty Networks platform.
- Capture themes and insights you’re seeing from Hosts and share them with our executive and product teams.
- Work closely with our Customer Advocacy team to monitor and escalate support queries that arise in Mighty Hosts.
- Refine and document our voice, tone, and brand point of view with respect to creating and growing a thriving community you can charge for and that will essentially run itself.
Qualifications & Experience
- 5+ years of course design and community building experience.
- Exceptional writing and communication skills with an empathetic and encouraging voice and tone.
- Can point to direct experience and success with running an online course.
- Excitement to learn and then teach the Community Design framework.
- You have an inviting and engaging presentation style.
- You are comfortable being on camera in both structured and unstructured conversations.
- Experience working with and supporting creators and business owners at every stage of their journey a plus.
- You love to help and support people building their own businesses and communities. That being said, you’re not afraid of offering structured and candid feedback.
- You have worked hard to write clearly, simply, and more human throughout your career and hold everyone around you to the same standards.
- You are a creative, resourceful, and extremely detail-oriented problem solver comfortable with change and the dynamic environment of a rapidly growing startup.
- You are low ego and pride yourself on accomplishing a lot by working smarter, not necessarily harder.
- You are comfortable in rooms with strong personalities, and can articulate your POV while remaining open to feedback.