About the position
Our mission at Mighty Networks is to empower “creators with a purpose” selling experiences, relationships, and expertise to their members on our comprehensive SaaS platform for community, content, online courses, and subscription commerce–all offered in one place under your brand across every device.
Our engineering team values versatility, collaboration, solving tough puzzles, and supporting each other as we all learn in a dynamic market environment serving tens of thousands of customers today.
As our second dedicated DevOps engineer, you will help us convert our platform into a next generation AWS cloud system. Today, we have a world class system with automated builds and deployments on a fully-redundant AWS cloud infrastructure. From here, we’re looking to move to containerization, auto-scaling, and more as we ramp up to meet demand.
What you'll do:
- Manage our AWS Infrastructure, including EC2, Route 53, S3, CloudWatch, CloudFront, Redshift, RDS, ElastiCache, Data Pipelines, Kinesis, ElasticSearch, and many more.
- Architect, design, and deliver the next generation cloud architecture for Mighty Networks, including containerization and auto-scaling.
- Anticipate and build solutions for problems that interrupt availability, performance, and stability in our systems, services, and products at scale.
- Build and maintain our new CI/CD pipeline for our web and mobile frameworks.
- Design and develop reusable components and operational strategies in the cloud to support scalability, high availability, performance, monitoring, and observability.
- Manage the establishment and configuration of infrastructure in an agile way by storing infrastructure as code and employing automated configuration management tools with a goal to be able to re-provision any of our environments at any point in time.
- Document and maintain installation, provisioning, security, and configuration procedures.
- Keep existing systems up-to-date with the latest security patches and features.
- Drive operational cost reductions through service optimizations and AWS commitment-pricing and demand-based auto scaling.
- Evaluate existing processes and tools and implement changes for better efficiency.
- Collaborate with the development teams in building out infrastructure and troubleshooting production issues.
- Lead and participate in on-call rotations.
Who you are:
- Ideally, you are a full stack developer who has been drawn to DevOps as your area of interest and curiosity.
- You have 2-4 years of relevant industry experience.
- You hold a BS degree in Computer Science or a related technical field, or have equivalent practical experience.
- You have a solid understanding of fundamental technologies like DNS, load balancing, SSL, TCP/IP, networking, security best practices, performance, high availability, disaster recovery, and business continuity.
- You have experience with automation and infrastructure as code tools, such as Ansible, Terraform, or Chef.
- You have experience with a scripting language such as Bash, Python, Ruby.
- You have experience with relational databases such as PostgreSQL or MySQL and are comfortable working with Elasticsearch clusters.
- You have some experience with monitoring, analysis, and alerting tools like New Relic and Datadog.
- You have Linux/unix admin experience.
- You have strong knowledge of industry best practices pertaining to privacy and security.
- You have high intensity, deep curiosity, keen attention to detail, and are a great fit with our passionate team.
- Ideally, you have direct experience with AWS and the different products offered.
- Ideally, you have experience delivering Continuous Integration (CI), Continuous Delivery (CD) using tools like Jenkins, CircleCI or TravisCI.
- Ideally, you bring to Mighty Networks existing experience with containerization, Docker, and Kubernetes.