Email Marketing Lead
Mighty Networks is a software-as-a-service (SaaS) platform ushering in a new era of creative business built on community. Its SaaS platform serves brands and creators “with a purpose” who want to bring their content, community, online courses, and events together in one place so that our members can master something interesting or important to them.
Similar to a Shopify store, with a Mighty Network, a brand or creator has their own online destination with their choice of features and the ability to charge for digital subscriptions and products under their own brand and instantly available on their own website and native mobile apps.
The Email Marketing Manager at Mighty Networks will be responsible for using email to educate, activate, and convert new Mighty Networks “Hosts” (what the company calls its customers) into one of three plans it sells: The Community Plan at $28/mo, The Business Plan at $98/mo, and Mighty Pro, its enterprise version, at $30,000/yr.
This person will own everything related to email marketing across the company. From writing memorable, human, and valuable emails with a consistent brand voice that prospective customers want to read to testing, analyzing, and experimenting the team’s way to higher open and conversion rates, they are more right-brained than left and yet comfortable with email platforms and adjacent software that works together to deliver the best results.
Acquire New Customers and Increase Retention
- Own email marketing at Mighty Networks.
- Set the email strategy, cadence, copy, tests, and desired results for every campaign across customer types, plans, and stages. This includes marketing drip campaigns, sales follow up, and more.
- Write email copy that captures Host attention, then delivers on its promise of value with clear, conversational, and effective writing.
- Assess current emails with fresh thinking and additional resources.
- Ensure email insights and effective messages are clearly communicated to make smarter, better, more well-informed decisions in communicating with Hosts across Mighty Networks.
- Oversee the quality and effectiveness of Mighty Networks email infrastructure, deliverability, and Host database, working with engineering and other teams, as needed to grow the base.
Qualifications & Experience
- Direct experience managing and growing email campaigns and databases in a rapidly growing startup.
- Comfort writing emails directly with copywriting strategies that deliver high conversion rates and a consistent brand voice.
- Deep understanding of email testing and optimization tactics beyond A/B testing alone.
- Strong understanding of email providers, systems, and adjacent technologies designed to maximize results.
- Comfort running multiple parallel tests and rapidly sharing results across a growing company.
- Can bring email lifecycle marketing experience and expertise to Mighty Networks.
- You’re an exceptional email copywriter and overall communicator.
- You’re incredibly organized and detailed. You can comfortably manage many parallel email campaigns and tests at one time.
- You’re proactive, independent, and energetic. You love to generate new ideas, tests, and campaigns, but, more importantly, you’re obsessed with understanding results and keep improving the system.
- You are naturally curious, embracing a growth and experimental mindset in everything you do (but especially in your job).
- You’re a collaborative member of any team you’ve been on – reaching out to people across sales, marketing, design, product, and even engineering to co-create campaigns.