Frontend Developer, Marketing
Mighty Networks is a software-as-a-service (SaaS) platform ushering in a new era of creative business built on community. Its SaaS platform serves brands and creators “with a purpose” who want to bring their content, community, online courses, events, and memberships together in one place.
Similar to a Shopify store, with a Mighty Network, a brand or creator has their own online destination with their choice of features and the ability to charge for digital subscriptions and products under their own brand and instantly available on their own website and native mobile apps.
The Frontend Developer, Marketing will be embedded in our Marketing team and tasked with developing, maintaining, and updating our marketing website (mightynetworks.com) and associated landing pages – currently on WordPress.
You’ll also collaborate with external partners to align our marketing site to paid campaigns, run A/B tests, and ensure our content is optimized for search.
This role can be remote but you must have some overlap with PST hours.
- Working with our VP of Marketing and Brand Designer, plan and implement new features and functionality to our marketing website and landing pages.
- Establish and guide website architecture so it adheres to best practices, working closely with our content and engineering teams.
- Ensure high-performance and availability and manage all technical aspects of the CMS.
- Ensure the design and function of the site is responsive.
- QA any changes to the marketing website and landing pages.
- Track and fix any bugs found on the marketing website and landing pages, working closely with our engineering team where systems intersect.
- Stay current on new Wordpress capabilities and industry trends and proactively flag opportunities to update our marketing site and landing pages.
- Continue to evaluate other website alternatives from Webflow to other platforms for optimal website delivery.
- Work with external partners and internal teammates to build and run A/B tests.
Qualifications & Experience
- Demonstrated expertise in WordPress with examples of websites you directly built yourself and familiar with Wordpress custom code
- A strong design eye
- 5+ years of experience with all aspects of web development
- Strong working knowledge of HTML, CSS, JS
- Bonus: proficient knowledge of PHP
- Strong working knowledge of Wordpress theme development and customization.
- Proficient in debugging frontend bugs and quickly delivering fixes.
- Solid knowledge of Google Analytics and Google Optimize in order to be able to run A/B tests.
- Experience using the latest techniques for responsive design, mobile friendly UIs, animation and cross-browser testing and support.
- Experience with UX tools such as Figma and an understanding of commonly used pattern libraries.
- Solid understanding of and ability to apply SEO best practices.
- You have a strong sense of ownership and pride in the products you build.
- You’re independent and capable of figuring out the best way to implement designs and brainstorm requirements.
- You have deep attention to detail.
- You’re an excellent, rapid communicator and comfortable updating stakeholders on your process.
- You inspire and challenge yourself and those around you to think bigger, take risks, and try new things.
- You are low ego and enjoy working on a team.