Market Researcher & Writer
Mighty Networks is a software-as-a-service (SaaS) platform ushering in a new era of creative business built on community. Its SaaS platform serves brands and creators “with a purpose” who want to bring their content, community, online courses, and events together in one place so that our members can master something interesting or important to them.
Similar to a Shopify store, with a Mighty Network, a brand or creator has their own online destination with their choice of features and the ability to charge for digital subscriptions and products under their own brand and instantly available on their website and native mobile apps.
We’re looking for a Market Researcher & Writer to capture the dynamics happening across the creator economy, direct-to-consumer (DTC) brands, the rise of solo media entrepreneurs, and the massive growth in digital subscriptions and products.
We’re envisioning this to be a pretty unique role for the right person. It's not just a ghostwriter or a content marketer, but the opportunity to become a visible authority on your own as a result of researching and writing about an exciting new area of the digital economy.
- Establish fresh arguments and predictions around the emerging media landscape, the creator economy, DTC brand trends, the future of community, and the business of digital subscriptions and products.
- Use co-authored weekly essays, market landscape “maps,” op-eds, blog posts, and other digital media to offer investors, big companies, and other market watchers easy to steal resources to define the markets that Mighty Networks operates.
- Participate in the larger conversation happening in social media around these topics.
Qualifications & Experience
- Strong editorial and research skills with a proven track record for capturing and communicating business and technology trends in well-researched and thoughtful writing and presentations.
- Experience researching and writing informative articles that strive to get (and keep!) attention.
- The ability to keep up to date with research in a fast-paced, ever-changing world of trends and information–with emphasis on the developing and defined world of “the creator economy.”
- Exceptional writing and presentation skills that “speak human”.
- You are a voracious reader and researcher with a passion for the written word and the information it can provide.
- You understand the importance that research can play in engaging and enlightening an audience and seek to push the boundaries of how much knowledge we can provide to our audience.
- You are naturally curious and excited to continue to learn and subsequently teach what you learn to the target audience.
- You are low ego and pride yourself on accomplishing a lot by working smarter, not necessarily harder.