Principal Technical Program Manager
Mighty Networks is a software-as-a-service (SaaS) platform ushering in a new era of creative business built on community. Its SaaS platform serves brands and creators “with a purpose” who want to bring their content, community, online courses, events, and memberships together in one place.
Similar to a Shopify store, with a Mighty Network, a brand or creator has their own online destination with their choice of features and the ability to charge for digital subscriptions and products under their own brand and instantly available on their own website and native mobile apps.
The Principal Technical Program Manager will play a key role in shaping the strategy, systems, metrics, and processes for product delivery as Mighty Networks seizes this moment of hypergrowth. This person will work directly for Tim Herby CTO & Co-Founder and collaborate closely with our executive team and squads to capture, communicate, and coordinate product and engineering projects through to delivery and success.
Design and deliver the system for effectively capturing, communicating, and coordinating product and engineering projects across Mighty Networks.
- Join Mighty Networks as our founding Technical Program Manager. Ensure successful coordination and delivery of upcoming product and engineering projects while also building out the system for scaling technical program management as an essential discipline within the company.
- Support squad leaders and managers with more detailed project planning experience that anticipates and addresses issues before they happen–constantly looking for ways to increase efficiency, minimize interruptions, and make everyone more productive across Mighty Networks.
- Work across squads and teams to coordinate dependencies, keep track of the critical path, expose risk to the overall roadmap, and drive decisions around priorities that come in conflict with cross-squad priorities.
- Surface decisions, dependencies, challenges, and opportunities to the executive team to ensure that squad and team efforts are not just coordinated but aligned to our strategy and what our customers want from Mighty.
- Build a technical program management function with a bias towards action and an understanding of speed as a competitive advantage at its core.
Qualifications & Experience
- 10+ years of Technical Program Management experience at a rapidly growing SaaS company. Technical degree and background required.
- Exceptional analytical skills and attention to detail. Shines in anticipating issues and creatively solving problems in pursuit of both product excellence and speed.
- Can point to specific examples of both deep individual project management success as well as cross-squad and team program management coordination.
- Strong preference for direct experience coordinating and coaching remote teams to maximum efficiency.
- You want to play a key role in building a category king with deep curiosity, passion, and focus.
- You have a strong, dynamic personality that allows you to motivate and influence through clear, precise, and rapid communication.
- You inspire and challenge yourself and those around you to think bigger, take risks, and try new things.
- You are low ego and pride yourself on accomplishing a lot by working smarter, not necessarily harder.
- You are comfortable in rooms with strong personalities, and can rally a team to achieve things they didn’t think were possible.