At Mighty Networks we believe in the power of communities to shape and transform people and to provide connection, purpose, and fun. You will use the tools of design to empower our customers to successfully run and participate in meaningful, engaging, and transforming community experiences.
We are strong believers that design matters and goes far beyond the visual. A beautiful looking product can also be useful, functional, and understandable if you pay attention to the people who use it and learn from them. Our customer-centered approach is behind everything we do. If you want to join a design team working on interesting and challenging problems where you'll have a sizable influence, then look no further.
We’re looking for a Product Designer to join our Design Team. This is a full-time fully remote roll that needs to adjust to Pacific time zone working hours. You’ll be joining a highly supportive design team where we strive for world-class design in a collaborative environment. Most projects are owned by small groups of a few people across multiple disciplines.
What you’ll be doing:
- Working directly with the team to solve challenging and diverse design problems across desktop and mobile, iOS and Android.
- Employing a multi-disciplinary approach to UX by contributing your strengths across interaction design, user and product research, visual design, animation and prototypes.
- Use research and data to inform and bolster design decisions and be willing to defend your ideas.
- Evolve and define our UX patterns and component design system.
- Help mature our internal design processes, including refining our specifications and communication methods, to help others understand our design intent.
- Write detailed but succinct design notes to assure important functionalities and concepts are properly documented.
- Contribute to marketing and visual design content, including video, to celebrate and inform customers about product features and improvements.
- Assist in QA to ensure product quality and fidelity to design.
We’re looking for someone with:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience collaborating with a multi-disciplinary team of design and engineering.
- High level technical understanding of the limits and constraints of iterative web and mobile software development.
- Strong ability to advocate for and communicate your design ideas while remaining open to constructive critique.
- Self motivated and able to meet critical deadlines while managing competing priorities.
- Proficient with at least a few of our favorite industry standard design tools. (e.g. Figma, Photoshop, Keynote, After Effects, Sketch)
- An ability to see the big picture while maintaining an obsession with subtle details.
- Expert problem solver that is not afraid of big challenges, taking risks, and changing up the status quo to find the perfect solution.
- Someone who shows excellence in their work and integrity in their interactions with others.