At Mighty Networks, our Product team is responsible for defining, designing, and evolving the rich, complex, and powerful platform on which our Hosts (what we call our customers) are building and growing their communities, online courses, events, memberships, and more.
We are seeking to hire our first Product Researcher to take over responsibility for research initiatives and competitive intelligence. This is a full-time fully remote role that needs to adjust to Pacific time zone working hours.
The Product Researcher will be responsible for ensuring we stay informed on our competitors’ products and offerings, our target customer’s challenges and opportunities, and the landscape of partners and services that will enable us to serve our customers even better and faster.
This person will work directly for our Director of Product Management and collaborate closely with the rest of the design team, the business team, and our product squads.
What you’ll be doing:
- Making us smarter about the creator space. Dive deep into creator platforms and thoroughly document their offerings, from user flows to core features, in ways that make it easy for the rest of the team to grasp, put in perspective, and act on.
- Bringing our customers to life. Conduct surveys and research studies of our prospective and existing customers and present findings clearly and effectively so that we can better understand customer motivations, behaviors, needs, and opportunities.
- Identifying potential partners. Who are the partners we should be working with to bring new functionality to market faster? Map the landscape of third-party services in key product areas (i.e. messaging, video, audio, interactions) and help discern which are best in class.
- Predicting what’s next. New platforms and solutions for creators emerge every week. Help us see around corners by identifying the next features our customers will be looking for in a Mighty Network.
We're looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent practical experience.
- 4+ years experience in Product Research, Product Design and/or Product Management.
- Experience identifying research opportunities to suggest ways to verify assumptions and hypotheses, validate product ideas and concepts, and iterate and improve product solutions.
- The ability to determine the best research methods based on project needs, timelines, and resourcing.
- Skill in delivering research findings through a combination of presentations and written reports.
- The ability to use Productboard to capture and organize key learnings so they are easy to discover and revisit, along with sharing responsibility for processing insights in Productboard so they are tied to feature ideas. Experience with Productboard is helpful but not required.
- Willingness to develop relationships with our customers so we can easily recruit them for research, including helping to lead the Mighty Product Council, our secret group inside Mighty Hosts.
- A champion for research, some one who will stay up to date on the latest research tools, and drive ongoing research process improvements, including establishing best practices and setting standards for the approach and rigor we apply to our research methods.
- The ability to work with minimal direction and drive multiple research projects simultaneously.
- Proven excellence in your work and integrity in your interactions with others.