Senior Accounting Manager
Mighty Networks is a software-as-a-service (SaaS) platform ushering in a new era of creative business built on community. Its SaaS platform serves brands and creators “with a purpose” who want to bring their content, community, online courses, and events together in one place so that our members can master something interesting or important to them.
Similar to a Shopify store, with a Mighty Network, a brand or creator has their own online destination with their choice of features and the ability to charge for digital subscriptions and products under their own brand and instantly available on their own website and native mobile apps.
We are looking for Mighty Networks’ first accounting hire and who will be responsible for leading all of our accounting efforts working closely with our third party accounting partner. This person will report to the VP of Finance and will have the opportunity to build and define the accounting function. The ideal candidate has a broad range of accounting and business experience with deep expertise in GAAP.
- Oversee general ledger accounting and own accurate and timely completion of month/quarter/year-end close partnering closely with our third party accounting partner
- Assist in preparation of monthly financial reporting
- Building defined responsibilities, processes, documentation and controls for AP, AR, revenue recognition, payroll and tax.
- Scale our financial systems including a roadmap for our ERP and revenue recognition solutions
- Be the go to person for our financials. You will wear many hats in this role and have the opportunity to work across the business
- Strong communication skills and an ability to thrive in a fast paced highly dynamic environment
- Up to date knowledge of US GAAP
- Experience in SaaS preferred (knowledge of ASC 606)
- Hands on experience in financial software including ERP systems (Quickbooks, Netsuite, Workday, etc.)
- Expert in building and maintaining spreadsheets (Excel, Google Sheets)
- 6+ years of relevant experience in accounting
- Big 4 & CPA preferred
- You want to play a key role in building a world class accounting organization
- You are a leader and can communicate at an executive level
- You are detail and process oriented and able to set and execute on clear deadlines