VP of Finance
Mighty Networks is a software-as-a-service (SaaS) platform ushering in a new era of creative business built on community. Its SaaS platform serves brands and creators “with a purpose” who want to bring their content, community, online courses, and events together in one place so that our members can master something interesting or important to them.
Similar to a Shopify store, with a Mighty Network, a brand or creator has their own online destination with their choice of features and the ability to charge for digital subscriptions and products under their own brand and instantly available on their website and native mobile apps.
The VP of Finance will be responsible for the financial operations of Mighty Networks. This person will work directly with the CEO and executive team to shape the strategy, systems, metrics, and processes to translate its current hypergrowth into a category defining company over the next five years and beyond.
We’re seeking a finance leader with a proven track record in growing SaaS companies, ideally SaaS companies that serve small businesses and entrepreneurs. This person possesses an exceptional analytical mind and passion for building successful SaaS growth and engagement systems that deliver value for customers, employees, and investors. They are extraordinarily comfortable with both external financing and partnership processes as well as internal finance operations.
- Design and build the finance strategy, team, technology, and operational investments that support exponential growth for Mighty Networks.
- Play a key role in structuring and delivering successful fundraising and partnership processes to deliver Mighty Networks to more Hosts and their members.
- Ensure the savviest cash management strategies and processes to enable the company to invest in its highest leverage activities and talent to fully seize its opportunity.
- Work with each core function to create budgets and manage their P&Ls.
- Build a high performance team internally and with partners to support growth and strive for excellence across fundraising, investor & board communication, financial planning & analysis, equity & debt management, cash collection, management & reporting, accounting, HR & payroll, accounts payable, taxes, and insurance functions.
- Contribute to accelerating the natural “flywheel” the company enjoys. Today, Hosts invite members and a subset of those members choose to create their own Mighty Network – generating more high intent Hosts organically from within the platform.
Qualifications & Experience
- Direct experience running a key finance function in a successful small business SaaS company or as an investor in small business SaaS companies.
- Exceptional writing, modeling, and presentation skills capable of translating business fundamentals into a compelling category, company, and product story backed up by metrics and financials.
- Demonstrated experience with multiple successful fundraising processes on one or both sides of the table.
- Comfortable overseeing key finance functions from financial planning and analytics to accounting, HR & payroll, insurance, and taxes (especially for SaaS companies with customers running digital subscriptions).
- You want to play a key role in building a category king with deep curiosity, passion, and focus.
- You inspire and challenge yourself and those around you to think bigger, take risks, and try new things.
- You have worked hard to communicate clearly and hold everyone around you to the same standards.
- You are low ego and pride yourself on accomplishing a lot by working smarter, not necessarily harder.
- You are comfortable in rooms with strong personalities, and can rally a team to achieve things they didn't think were possible.