YouTube Marketing Manager
Mighty Networks is a software-as-a-service (SaaS) platform ushering in a new era of creative business built on community. Its SaaS platform serves brands and creators “with a purpose” who want to bring their content, community, online courses, events, and memberships together in one place.
Similar to a Shopify store, with a Mighty Network, a brand or creator has their own online destination with their choice of features and the ability to charge for digital subscriptions and products under their own brand and instantly available on their own website and native mobile apps.
The YouTube Marketing Manager will, to start, be responsible for growing our YouTube views and subscribers. They will work hand-in-hand with our Video Producer to promote our SEO videos and come up with new ideas to increase our presence on the channel.
Though YouTube will be the primary focus, they’ll have access to our other primary social media channels (Twitter, Facebook, IG) and be able to promote our videos there. There is an opportunity here to grow this role and our social media presence across all channels, as well as experiment with new ones.
This role will report to our VP of Marketing.
- Upload and optimize our YouTube videos for maximum impact — including writing titles, descriptions, and social media posts promoting them.
- Create and update a content calendar and library for our YouTube/video content.
- Promote our YouTube videos by cross-posting on other channels and embedding them on relevant landing pages.
- Monitor competitors’ video content and channels for ideas we can make our own.
- Track our YouTube analytics in order to report on success and uncover new insights about our audience.
- Report out to marketing and Mighty Networks’ leadership what we’re learning and our results to date.
- Engage with influencers and customers on content collaborations involving video/YouTube.
Qualifications & Experience
- 5+ years of experience producing and promoting engaging, popular instructional and/or inspirational videos on YouTube as an amateur or professional.
- Can directly point to running and growing a YouTube channel; YouTube certification preferred.
- Excited about the opportunities on and off YouTube for the Creator Economy–sharing expertise, building collabs, and cultivating a following that becomes a true community.
- Excellent video and copywriting skills.
- Bonus: experience being on camera yourself.
- You are obsessed with the puzzle of attention and engagement on YouTube–how to get it, how to keep it, and how to turn it into deeper relationships with subscribers.
- You are creative and love to experiment with new ways to tell a compelling story.
- You are low ego and love to collaborate.
- You have deep attention to detail.
- You’re an excellent, rapid communicator and independent worker comfortable working solo as well as collaborating with a team.
- You inspire and challenge yourself and those around you to think bigger, take risks, and try new things.