Think about it: If you have the opportunity to create connections between your followers and offer value through those interactions, your brand gets more useful with each new person who joins. When you bring people together, you’re creating something much bigger than yourself, your podcast, your YouTube channel, or your Instagram feed.
A Mighty Network makes it easy to connect your followers in one place. This means:
- You build more loyalty
- You get to know your followers much more deeply
- You have more opportunities to sell
- You have the opportunity to grow faster
- Best of all? You do less work
The savviest among today’s influencers and social media stars are focusing on how they can connect their fans and followers to each other, not just build an audience.
Here’s how they’re doing it on Mighty Networks.
1. Launch with the basics and watch it grow
A Mighty Network is the simplest way to build a brand that brings your followers together. Get started in a few clicks, then layer on new features when you’re ready to grow. It’s a lot like setting up a party: you set the stage, break the ice, then sit back and watch people connect with each other.
Once you create your Mighty Network and flip on a few basic features (don’t worry, we made a checklist with shortcuts and templates that make this easy!), it’s time to invite your followers. Upload your address book, sync up your email list, and share out your new Mighty Network on social media. Your followers will be fired up to finally have one place where they can meet each other and get exclusive access to you.
2. Break the ice and introduce your followers to each other
This is where the real magic happens. When you bring your followers together in a Mighty Network, not only are they excited to meet each other, but your life gets a whole lot easier, too.
In every Mighty Network, we’ve baked in the option to quickly set up icebreaker questions and polls that work wonders to instantly introduce your followers to each other. Here are just a few of our favorite icebreakers that are proven to get people talking:
- What’s one new thing you’re hoping to gain from this community of peers?
- What’s your one-word theme for this year?
- What is your favorite part of being a _________?
When you’re ready to layer on even more opportunities for your followers to connect with each other, there are a few other ways we’ve made this easy so you don’t have to lift another finger:
- Let your followers see other people near them, so they can message, meet up, and form even deeper relationships
- Set up Topics so your followers can see who else is interested in the same issues or ideas
- Switch on Member Categories so that your followers can instantly be introduced to other people they share something unique in common with
The best part? There are never any reasons to push your people to yet another new platform. Your Mighty Network is designed to grow with you.
3. Offer exclusive content and experiences
Once you bring your followers together in one place, it’s easy to level up the experience. One of the most successful strategies we’ve seen—that doesn’t require a ton of extra effort—is occasionally offering exclusive content or events in your Mighty Network.
Here are a few ideas to get the wheels turning:
- Create an event. Swoop in once a month for a live video conference, Q&A, or AMA with your followers.
- Post an exclusive video, podcast episode, or behind-the-scenes tour. Give your followers an extra special thanks for being so loyal. Your Mighty Network makes it easy to publish an update, share a video or audio file, or even write a beautiful blog post.
- Launch an online course. When you’re ready, it’s easy to roll out your first online course, so you can offer your followers even deeper ways to access your expertise.
Need more inspiration? Here are just a few folks doing this successfully today…
Adriene Mishler is among the most popular yoga instructors on YouTube, with more than 4 million subscribers. When she was looking for a home to gather her followers, she wanted a safe place where people could be open and share their experiences.
Adriene launched a Mighty Network–called Find What Feels Good– because it gives her students their own space to connect with each other around interests like books, eating well, parenting, and sustainability. It also enables Adriene to share updates like her calendar of classes, live events, and new merchandise with her most loyal fans.
Tara McMullin, an early CreativeLive star who teaches online small business owners how to take their work to the next level, grew tired of the grind and shifted her efforts to What Works, a podcast and membership brand that brings her followers together to learn from each other, not just listen to her.
Peter Diamandis is an internationally recognized author, founder of the XPRIZE, and co-founder of Singularity University. He created Abundance Digital as an all-in-one brand on Mighty Networks that brings together his followers—“exponential thinkers and doers”—with a monthly subscription. As he reminds people, you are the sum of the five people who you see the most, so choose them wisely. With Abundance Digital, over 2,000 thinkers and doers sure have.
Gretchen Rubin is the New York Times best-selling author of The Happiness Project and The Four Tendencies, and host of the wildly popular podcast Happier. When she needed to drive pre-sales for her latest book, she launched a Mighty Network–complete with her very own branded iOS and Android apps–where her superfans could be rewarded with exclusive content and experiences.
Today, her Mighty Network Better also serves as the hub for her online courses, and her followers have built relationships with each other in ways that just weren’t possible when they were spread across different services.
Ready to bring your followers together in one place?
Create your own Mighty Network today and take the first steps to connecting your followers in a place that will get more valuable with every new person who joins.
With a few clicks, you’ll have everything you need to introduce people to each other, offer exclusive content and experiences they can’t get anywhere else, and, when you’re ready, launch new offerings that will allow you to grow your business and scale your expertise in ways that were never possible before.